On Thursday, September 6, 2018, the Westchester Ballet Company will hold its annual scholarship auditions for boys and girls ages 8 to 18 at the Logrea Dance Academy at 2 Dale Avenue in Ossining, NY.
All applicants are asked to arrive one-half hour before their audition time to register. If possible, please fill out the 2018-scholarship-application-form in advance and hand it in at registration.
Scholarships are awarded to WBC company members from Ballet level III and up for use at an approved summer ballet program or toward fall tuition for instruction in Ballet at Logrea Dance Academy. Awards are made on the basis of a student’s talent and potential.
- Beginner/ Intermediate students ages 8-11 with dance experience (ballet levels III and IV) will be held from 4:00 PM to 4:30 PM;
- Advanced Beginner/ Intermediate students ages 10-14 (ballet levels V and VI) will be held from 4:30 PM to 5:30 PM;
- Intermediate students – girls on pointe (ballet levels A and B) ages 13-17 will be held from 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM;
- Intermediate/ Advanced students – girls on pointe (ballet levels C and D) ages 14-18 will be held from 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM.
* Note that the dancer’s level of experience overrides his/her age.
Our 2018 Scholarship Audition Flyer provides further details about the audition.
Since its inception in 1988, the Westchester Ballet Company’s scholarship program has awarded over $150,000 to young dancers. “We are delighted that our scholarship program has allowed so many young people to learn the fundamentals of ballet and other dance styles, as well as to experience the thrill of performance,” says Kristina Lindbergh, of the Westchester Ballet Company. “While not all ballet students will pursue careers in dance, the coordination, discipline, alignment and poise they gain from this exceptional training will benefit them no matter what they do later on.”
“The primary goal of the Westchester Ballet Company is to bring ballet of the highest quality to the community,” says Artistic Director, Beth Fritz-Logrea. “For the past twenty-nine years, our scholarship program has helped us achieve this by enabling many talented and motivated young dancers to participate in our productions.”
Donations to the company’s scholarship fund can have an immediate and lasting impact on a young person’s dance experience. Please contact us as described below to become a scholarship fund donor or visit our Get Involved page to make a donation on-line. To learn more about Westchester Ballet Company’s scholarship program visit our Scholarships page.
For more information contact WBC at firstname.lastname@example.org.